Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It seems weird to ask for prayer for a denomination....

It seems weird to ask people to pray for a denomination, but I think it's not a bad thing to ask for.  I guess people ask for prayer for churches that are going through hard times, and so I might as well ask for prayer for the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA).  The PCA is the denomination that ordained and called my father into ministry and they have for a long time held to Biblical principles.  I memorized much of the Shorter Catechism when I was short enough to use the piano bench as a table.  I still love turning to the Westminister Confession of Faith when in need of some intellectual spiritual exercising.

Despite all my fondness for the PCA, human systems and human programs can err.  I am afraid the PCA is going down a path (regarding women's roles) that they will never return from - and a path, I should remark that we've seen many other denominations take.  I hope my fears come to nothing, but we could all use a little more time on our knees (I speak for myself) and starting with a denomination and praying for your local church, your family, your friends to all be enlightened by the Bible is a good thing indeed.

You can read more at Chris's website here: http://reformation21.blogspot.com/2009/10/hermeneutical-framework-recently-i-had.html

No comments: