Monday, October 26, 2009

flu-zies




This is BACTERIA... (E. Coli to be precise)


These are virions (of influenza VIRUS)

Bacteria DOES NOT equal Virus.  Repeat with me, bacteria DOES NOT equal virus.

Goooood.  So just a little pet peeve of mine, all of you hand-sanitizers out there using antibacterial wipes and gels (yes I use them, too) - you can still get the flu.  Actually you probably still WILL get the flu - so get used to it.  Water, rest, lots more water, good movies, blankets/towels for when you feel like you're overheating, NSAIDS for the joint pain/headaches - just stock up now.  Think of it this way, if you did really use the stuff that kills the flu (which we medical professionals use on our stethoscopes and instruments) you would develop liver cancer, because it's so toxic.  So yes, you're really better off with the flu than that, my friends.

Just don't tell me you're not going to get the flu because you use anti-bacterial gel.  Seriously, that line of thought is a real flu-zy. . . as is my sense of humor - I know, I know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, Abbie, I loved this post! :)