Wednesday, October 07, 2009

music, classical that is

I'm hard away studying for our huge infectious diseases exam of bugs, drugs, immunology, malnutrition, etc.  Anyway, brain food is required to stay on task and classical music feeds my soul in a way that I can't describe.  I don't know what people have against classical, but I love it.  When I was little I would lay on the large persian rug in our living room surrounded by my parent's antique (old, at least :)) furniture, turn on the classical radio station with speakers on the floor, and close my eyes.  It was a game to imagine the music telling a story.  I always loved depicting epic battles with Chronicle of Narnia characters or Romans or some other fanciful creatures.  Crescendos would rise as battles would grow heated, eventually peaking in the victor standing gracefully over the defeated.

I'm not quite as imaginative anymore, but I still love closing my eyes and getting transported into a story by music performed well enough.  On my favorite classic track of late is Mozart's Symphony 5 in B flat - the first movement is best...

No comments: