Friday, September 19, 2008

Tokyo and home....

I love Japan. No, I really do. I would go back in a heartbeat. Maybe it was in the stark contrast between the disorder/repression/poverty of India, that Japan shone like a surreal utopia. However, I absolutely adored my time spent in the vastly advanced and well-cultured Asian city of Tokyo.

I had gotten worn out by the time spent in India, and because of things happening back on the mainland, I had developed a strong urge to come home (bypassing Japan altogether.) Fortunately though, it was too expensive to change flights, so I ended up spending four delightful days. Here are some highlights...

1. Meeting Malin, the fun Swedish traveling companion for the majority of time I spent there.
2. The deliciously exotic food and meandering around interesting shops and stalls.3. Sleeping overnight in the oddly futuristic and almost sci-fi "capsule."

4. Spending the last night with two Japanese strangers who befriended me and took me to do that altogether Asian thing to do... Kah-rah-oke. (That's really how you're supposed to pronounce it!)

No comments: